What kid doesn’t love pizza? Thanks to weelicious.com, here is a pizza recipe that make eating pizza more fun and easier to hold – pizza balls!
- 1 16 oz pkg white or whole wheat pizza dough
- 3/4 cup broccoli florets, cooked & chopped – spinach or any veggies your kids love
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Pepperoni slices - sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Olive Oil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bring pizza dough to room temperature and divide into 16 even pieces.
- In a separate bowl combine the broccoli (or whatever addition you choose), mozzarella, pepperoni and pizza sauce.
- Roll out each piece of dough into a round, about 3 inches wide, and place 1 tbsp of the cheese mixture in the center.
- Take the edges of the dough and bring them to the center, pinching along the edges to make sure they stick together, then roll into a ball.
- Place the ball, sealed side down, in a greased pie plate and repeat these steps making the rest of the balls.
- Brush each ball with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
For up-to-date info on sales and other Totsy fun: follow us on Twitter (@mytotsy), Like us on Facebook (facebook.com/totsy), repin our boards on Pinterest (pinterest.com/totsyfan).